- MEDISPONGE® should not be used in closure of skin incisions because it may interfere with the healing of skin edges.
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- ENT and Dental Surgery
- Orthopedics and Trauma
- Abdominal Surgery
- Anorectal surgery
Precautions & warnings:
- MEDISPONGE® is a sterile product and should not be resterilised, as it would change the characteristics of the product.
- Discard the unused portions of the sponge.
- Use of MEDISPONGE® is not recommended for infected sites.
- By absorbing the fluid, the sponge may expand and thus impinge on neighboring structures. Hence, minimal pre-compression is advised when packing into cavities
- In neuro surgery, it should not be left in closed cavities, since it may cause compression of the nervous tissues when it expands.
- While using MEDISPONGE® other normal haemostatic procedures including suture, pressure and ligature should be neglected.